5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022 update

5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022 update

Early bird registration open now , £10 .crew £7.50 single

This is a one off row unlike previous years. Please sign up if you're interested in a crew boat , double and single.

Dee

1 more to join the quad

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

AndiDavies
I've just signed up to have a stab at this in a single (still costs £10)

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

Hi Andi, think you may have entered the main challenge for fixed seat boats.  The alternative challenge is £5 until 6th April.

Main Challenge:
EARLY BIRD FEE: £10 until April 6
LATE BIRD FEE: £15 until April 13

Alternative Challenge:
EARLY BIRD FEE: £5 until April 6
LATE BIRD FEE: £7.50 until April 13

Race categories:
Main Challenge: for fixed-seat rowing boats
Alternative Challenge: for kayaks, SUPs, canoes, dragon boats, offshore sliding-seats and outrigger boats
Land Challenge: for those unable to get afloat due to restrictions, we invite you to walk, wheel or run.

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

Shall we enter a crew for this Dee?

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

Dee
I'm up for it ...why not ;)))

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

AndiDavies
Confused.... This is what's on my invoice
"5 Miles From Home 2022 - Alternative Challenge B: dragonboats, ocean-sliding seat boats, outriggers - Alternative Challenge B: dragonboats, ocean-sliding seat boats, outriggers £10.00
Andi Davies"

Ahhh... SUP & canoes are the alternative £5.00 (or walking)

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

That must be it, walking on water £5 🤔👍 can only do this midweek as in Lymington at weekend.  Any others to make up quad?

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

Elaine Parkin
If there was a chance of doing it on Thursday 21st I'd like to join a quad!! Otherwise late afternoon Wednesday?? (both good high tides.)

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

Rhonda Lawrence
I'd like to join you for the challenge but I'm just at the tail end of recovering from covid and won't be able to start coming down until next week

What's the format of the challenge, would I need more hours of coastal rowing under my belt first?

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022

Rhonda Lawrence
Great, thanks, I'll get signed up

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022 update

Hi Dee,  I've put an entry in for 1 quad, can be ladies or mixed depending on sign up.  Julia

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022 update

Dee
Thank you Julia 😊

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022 update

Rhonda can do Wednesday or Thursday for this.  Shall we set up a what's app group so people can decide on day rather than messaging here?  J

Re: 5 Miles From Home, 20-24 April 2022 update

AndiDavies
Can't see what the weather is like for next week, but I'm thinking Wednesday 20th, meeting at 1:30pm, to be afloat 2pm. HT 2:54pm (4.2m)